Tuesday, December 16, 2008

United we stand

Hello to all..

These days after the Mumbai attack, I have been through a lot of blogs, papers, web sites, columns many of them written by young boys and girls. And almost all of them left me sad. And if not sad, disappointed..

I dont know why all the people want to boycott elections??

I dont understand why they want to shout rather than act?

In the largest democracy of the world you have to be patient for things to change. I agree that system needs change, I agree that the current bunch of leaders have not proved strong, and I agree that some strong men and women need to come ahead. But can it be done by boycotting elections??

Can it be done by shouting and saying that politicians should be sacked??

No, I dont think so.

Things have to be changed, system has to be changed, but there needs to be a long term plan for it.

It requires that the fire in the youth sholud last and shouldnt cool down in coming weeks. We all want things to change, but WE dont want to come forward for it. We dont want to make politics our career. We want to safety of our careers and lives and then we want that some one should rise up to change things...

Blaming politicians will not help. They , I believe, are the people who made politics their career and have brought our country to where it is. And some loop holes are bound to be there, and when some people start taking advantage of such loopholes to spread disaster, the need for change arises. And this change has to come from within.

"Egg broken from outside force - a life Ends

If an egg breaks from Within - a life Begins"

Great things always begin from within.

I was very impressed by what Mr. Rahul Gandhi said in the parliament the other day. He said "The attack in Mumbai was not on a marathi or north Indian, was not on a hindu or a muslim, not on rich or poor, i was on Indian. If you were an Indian on that day in Mumbai, you were under attack. We should, therefore, unite, because thats the way our enemy sees us."

I hope I have successfully conveyed what I wanted to..


Signing off


Siddharth

4 comments:

Siddharth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

that was very good. and i would like to read more & more at your corner... other than i m waiting very badly for your blogs which will come after a year or two. since i strongly believe those will match the standard of 'times of india's' editors or may even left away them.........

best wishes

Ketan M. Jain
CA(II)
Aticled Assisstant
chaturvedi & shah,
Mumbai.

forbid my english.

Unknown said...

well done bro, what a thought. i had almost forgot about that but u have again reminded me that an that too with a energy that i had on that very day, when it happened.
this is my first time i have wrote something so plese forgive the mistakes and language.
by the way from where u got that two lines of egg.
those lines were the best part,from my point of view. all the best for the rest.
i would really love to read ur thoughts.

with love

mukul

alifiya said...

hey Sid.....

I won't honour your efforts with a word or two bec."Your Thoughts" made me speechless. its something which every one of us learns about everyday n feel pathetic about it...the inflation, the corruption, our all time stagnanat country....all these have made our world a hell....but none of us really take an effort to put some light to it...the way you have decided to handle itis remarkable....i wish you all the very best for your writings....keep sharing things so brialliantly....so that one day every indian realise that where they stand n where they need to head on...

with besties
Alifiya Gorach