Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The good old things...

Hello to all!
Being a 20 year old guy and living in this generation is not an easy task!
The generation is moving very fast. All we want is fast and quick, fast food (comes to mind very quickly), quick money, name and fame at an early age, getting into relations quickly and getting out even faster, wanting a good bike in 10th standard, changing it in 12th, the latest mobiles and updating them and a lot of things...
But why so?? Probably out of competition, the need to look good, glamorous, glowing, great, or sometimes to impress some one (or sometimes more than one), and parents are also not behind in keeping their child up to the mark.
But the question is that will this swift change in thinking of society sustain? How long will we be able to keep showing what we have got (and what we have not)? Will this not harm the values and morals in kids? What will a younger sister learn when she sees her brother with his girl friend?
How long will this 'fashion' last?
The trends in society, what I have learned, are circular. The fashion, trends will keep rotating and the old things come up time and again.
You know, the old values, morals, patterns, trends, and everything including language, intelligence had strong fundamentals. These strong fundamentals are missing these days and that is my biggest fear, that when this 'social bubble' will burst it will require a radical change in the whole social system. The bad thing about our and coming generation is that we think 'sab chalta hai' and this approach is not going to survive long.
Today I respect the old thoughts not because I am orthodox, but because I feel that, that school of thought had knowledge and vision to foresee future. But this vision is missing these days.
When I go out and see my friends and people in some metros, I don't understand what should I feel?? Sometimes I feel that I am still a generation back... My friend would have 3 girl friends, hanging out with then would be a routine for him, whereas I may not have even 1 (forget hanging out). They would hang late nights in 'discs' and long drives and what not!!
But then when I come closer to them and understand their minds(which they hardly have) I feel pity on them!!
But this is how things are going and it is good that we understand the good old things at the earliest..

Signing off

Siddharth

2 comments:

ąNkiŤά said...

You're too good a writer!!

buls said...

Recently surfing the orkut, I happened to land to your blog and found that you have amazing sensibility towards life and environment around at this age. GREAT!
We’ve gone insane and following trends like a blind man’s buff. But an optimistic outlook is we are getting rid of superstitions and hidden sins and might be at Somepoint in future the world is going to respect the old refined values as well as foreign countries have already started realizing . I take it as a synthesis for the GOOD world ahead(A MIXTURE OF GUD OLD AND MOD VALUES)!